Genesis 6:5-7, 9:14-15
When the LORD saw how wicked everyone on earth was and how evil their thoughts were all the time, he was sorry that he had ever made them and put them on the earth. He was so filled with regret that he said, “I will wipe out these people I have created, and also the animals and the birds, because I am sorry that I made any of them.”
“Whenever I cover the sky with clouds and the rainbow appears, I will remember my promise to you and to all the animals that a flood will never again destroy all living beings.”
- If you were stuck on the ark, which animal would you want to share a bedroom with and why?
The world had become a different place to the one God created. He can no longer say it is very good but he has a plan to sort it out…
- How had the world and people changed from when God first created it?
- Why did God choose to flood the world?
Noah was God’s friend. He was different to everyone else because he lived to please God.
- Why did God ask Noah to build an ark?
- What did Noah’s friends and neighbours think of him building a boat?
- When have you felt different or weird because you follow God?
The world was washed clean through the flood and Noah’s family was rescued in the ark.
- What does the rainbow mean for Noah and us?
When we are God’s friends he promises to rescue us and take care of us.
- How does that make you feel?
Thank you for saving Noah’s family when you washed the world clean. Help us to live as your friends even if that means being different. Thank you that rainbows remind us you will always take care of us.
Pray it + Pray for courage to live differently, when God asks you to.
Draw a rainbow. Keep it with you. Remember God cares for you.
Finally - have a look at the back of your card. What does it say? You can now place your card onto your story line.
We hope you are enjoying the story so far. We would love to hear your thoughts on what’s working and what’s confusing? Thanks