Now the snake was the most cunning animal that the LORD God had made. The snake asked the woman, “Did God really tell you not to eat fruit from any tree in the garden?” “We may eat the fruit of any tree in the garden,” the woman answered, “except the tree in the middle of it. God told us not to eat the fruit of that tree or even touch it; if we do, we will die.”
Even in a perfect world there were rules.
- What kind of rules do you have to follow? Why?
- What rule did God give Adam and Eve and why? v.3
Adam and Eve were tempted to disobey God and they made a bad choice when they ate the fruit.
- What were the consequences that followed?
- Why is life so much better if we do what God tells us?
The snake tempted Eve by telling her lies and questioning what God had said was true. Eve was weak and gave in. Adam then followed.
- In what ways and when are we sometimes tempted to make bad choices?
- What good choices can we make this week?
- How could we ensure we make good choices this week?
Thank you that you care for us and know what is best for us. Thank you that you love us even when we disobey you. Please help us to do what you ask and not give in to temptation. Give us wisdom to make good choices.
Pray it + Tell the Lord about something that you find especially tempting and ask him for his help.
When making choices today, think: What would God want me to do?
And don’t talk to snakes!
Finally - have a look at the back of your card. What does it say? You can now place your card onto your story line.
We hope you are enjoying the story so far. We would love to hear your thoughts on what’s working and what’s confusing? Thanks