Exodus 3:4,7, 10-12
When the Lord saw that Moses was coming closer, he called to him from the middle of the bush and said, “Moses! Moses!” He answered, “Yes, here I am.” Then the Lord said, “I have seen how cruelly my people are being treated in Egypt; I have heard them cry out to be rescued from their slave drivers. I know all about their sufferings. Now I am sending you to the king of Egypt so that you can lead my people out of his country.” But Moses said to God, “I am nobody. How can I go to the king and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” God answered, “I will be with you, and you will bring the people out of Egypt.”
- When you were very small did your parents ever rescue you from a dangerous situation?
- In Egypt, why was baby Moses’ life in danger? What did his mother do?
Moses was brought up in the luxury of Pharaoh’s palace but he knew he didn’t belong there so he ran away and hid in the wilderness.
- What happened next?
- What would you say to a burning bush that called your name?
God appeared to Moses because he had a mission for him.
- What was it? (v.10)
Fact: the story of God rescuing the Israelites from Egypt is called the Exodus. This word means “exit” or “way out”.
- Why was God so concerned for his people? (v.7)
God is just as concerned today for those who are trapped and enslaved.
- How did Moses feel about being sent back to Egypt on a rescue mission? (v.11)
- What did God promise him? (v.12)
- What situations make you feel like a “nobody” or that you are not good enough?
Pause – with that in mind let’s remind ourselves that almighty God promises to be with us, just like he was with Moses.
Sometimes I feel like I am not good enough. Thank you that you are powerful and promise to be with me. Help me not to run away but to take care of those in need.
Find out about what God’s people are doing to help those who are still in slavery today.
Finally - have a look at the back of your card. What does it say? You can now place your card onto your story line.
We hope you are enjoying the story so far. We would love to hear your thoughts on what’s working and what’s confusing? Thanks